When you have been injured in an accident, it can be tempting to just move on with your life as quickly as possible. However, insurance companies do not operate with your best interests in mind and their initial settlement offer likely does not take into account the full scope of your injuries and the pain and suffering you have endured. That is why it is important to seek legal advice before you give up any personal injury claims you may have.
Bedford-Concord attorney Peter G. DeGelleke has been protecting the rights and interests of individuals throughout Massachusetts for more than 35 years. He understands how to help you pursue the full and fair compensation to which you are entitled. To schedule a free initial consultation, complete an online contact form or call 781-275-0800.
Eight Reasons Why You Need to Talk to a Lawyer Following an Accident
- The consultation is absolutely free with no obligation.
- Find out why it makes a difference who pays for your vehicle repair, medical bills, or income loss.
- You are probably not aware of all the damages to which you may be entitled (e.g. loss of consortium, lost or impaired earning capacity, diminished value, damage to the parent-child relationship, etc.).
- You have an absolute right to speak to an attorney before you provide information to the insurance company, and this is in your best interest.
- By giving a recorded statement to the insurance company before you talk to an attorney, you could be permanently damaging your case without knowing it.
- By negotiating with the insurance company before knowing the full value of your claim, you could inadvertently "cap" the settlement value of your claim. If you later decide to hire an attorney, the insurance company will already know your "bottom line."
- There is research which suggests that insurance companies will pay more money for a claim if someone has hired an attorney.
- Getting fair compensation from an insurance company takes a lot of work. Find out exactly what steps a good attorney must take to successfully resolve your case. In other words, these are the steps you will need to take if you don't hire an attorney.
- If You Have Suffered a Serious Injury, Contact an Attorney
Do not attempt to navigate an accident claim on your own. To schedule a consultation with Peter G. DeGelleke, fill out an online contact form or call 781-275-0800.